Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Reaching for the Sky Graduation Card



I made this graduation card for a nurse who's nephew was graduating from college.  The card never got to the nurse but I did use some pretty cool things on it.  As for the whole nurse thing, minds out of the gutter, I was in the hospital at the time and she noticed that I made cards as a hobby.  As luck would have it she needed a card and I was more than happy to supply her with one, sadly though it didn't happen but I still have the card just in case.

I used a cloud die that I had been itching to have and I freehand drew the balloon and basket and used floss as the ties that connect the basket to the balloon.  I used earth tones since it was for a male and I doubt they would want anything with pinks and purples in it if you can avoid it.  I of course found a great quote for the inside printed it on vellum and embossed it, then stuck it thru the sticker maker and mounted it to the teal-ish color paper and added a bow using the same ribbon that I used on the outside of the card.  I stamped Congratulations on a piece of white card stock that I got from one of the conventions I went to, great paper, and matched the ink on the outside to match that of the teal paper on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment