Thursday, October 24, 2013

Graduation Congratulations


So I was requested to make a card for a male nephew for a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) when I went to the hospital last year.  The PCA was very impressed with the cards that I had made on the cards that  I on the laptop that I had at that time. 
 
The paper that I used was Studio G paper for the balloon and I hand drew the basket and used just plain brown cardstock.  I got a cloud die at the convention that I always go to with Julie bird and hadn't had the reason to use it in such a way that it would sort of make the card pop; and I think it did just that and I can't wait to use it again.  I used plain sky blue and orange to coordinate with the colors of the cardstock to coordinate with the paper that I used as the balloon as the hot air balloon.  I then used a brown and white striped ribbon to cover the break between the two colors of cardstock.  I found a color of ink and stamped  the Congratulations on a piece of cardstock (the super good kind) and placed it right under there of the clouds where and a bit over the basket that I drew and cut out using my craft knife.  The inside of the card says: "The world is yours to explore take your knowledge and fly.  Congratulations on your graduation, may you prosper in all that you do."
 
I used the same color paper for the sky as the background for the vellum that I printed the quote on.  I also used a piece of ribbon and tied it in a bow.  I then mounted it to the same orange paper that I used on the front.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment