Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Arrives!





April arrives and with it many important dates. First is of cours April Fools, there is then of course March Madness aka Final Four. Go VCU Rams! Go UCONN! Then there is my best friend's birthday (April 9th), then there is tax day (April 18th, and yes that is correct), then there is this thing called birthday for someone....ME!, then there is Earth Day (April 22nd) which is also Good Friday and then there is Easter and that doesn't even complete the month for me. Then there is my oldest niece's birthday (April 28th) and then next thing you know the end of the month. How's that for busy? And oh! My sister and her two daughters (A& Co) are coming for a visit starting on the 15th, they'll be here for me birthday. And a big birthday it is! I'll be 29-the sequel, okay, okay I'll own up to it. I'll be 30 this year, and to top it off I can't believe it is already April. It seems like just yesterday it was January or even December and I was busy fighting off the cold weather. Although living in Texas gives you an advantage of not having to deal with snow much. So enough rambling...today I went to a new store, or more like new to me. Stamp Asylum, it's in Plano, Texas and I must say that I was impressed with the selection of stamps that they had. I managed to purchase something, that hadn't been the plan but I thought I got a deal on what I got. I got some of Tim Holtz's new stamps out. I got a single stamp with a corset on it, and for some reason I just love corsets and I'm not sure why, while the other was the Haberdashery cling set. I was amazed that I even found it there since I was certain that I was going to have to order it online. I got lucky I think. I'll of course have to make a couple cards with the stamps but I'm never too sure on if I can do some of the things that I would like for using the stamps. I don't think there is a 'wrong' way per say to use stamps but I always feel as if there is. Any way, my good friend from work, usually called the better half of me birthday was March 29th, so I made her a card to which the whole office got to signing and then went missing. I am going to guess that it made it's way back to her but I'm not sure since I wasn't at work yesterday. So the Scrapper's Boutique had extended the deadline for the Design Team but upon further reflection I realized that I really just wasn't ready for that yet. I don't do layouts for scrapbooks so it made it harder for me. So instead I'm going to attempt to go to a few classes and learn some new techniques for my card making. Oh! There is a new cart coming out called Everyday Pop-ups and I'm just itching to get it. I've been considering on if I want to pre-order it or not but I have a feeling I will kick myself if I don't get it. Actually March's releases were good ones each one I could see using, mostly. I don't want the graduation or the Father's Day ones but the others look neat. Well I'll end there and maybe wonder into the craft room and attempt a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment