Saturday, March 17, 2012

You're the Bee's Knees Thank You Note

Before:


So here's my latest Thank You notecard, this one is for the nurse at my Podiatrist office. She seemed quite unhappy when Lupe, the receptionist, got a thank you note but she didn't. I told her that she would be getting on soon enough, and well here it is! I took one look at the bee and KNEW that this would be the perfect card for her. Kind of dorky, but then again I have my dorky moments more often then not.



It started with the bee cut file that I had for my Silhouette SD, I had a cute cut file with the saying "You're the Bee's Knees" but there seemed to be something wrong with the cute file and was freezing up the computer, so instead I used my own fonts from my font collection and made my own saying, to which I must say looks sooooo much better than what they had. I then dry embossed the background paper, which is purple with white cord center (photo kind of hard to tell the color) with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, hence the white hints on it. Hopefully purple is a color you like Maria because it was a hard to pick a color to coordinate with the yellow of the bee. Then I took a white pen to mark out the edges with and that seemed to complete it. I'm still debating on the ribbon at the top, so there may be another photo with a ribbon on it. You know what? I'm thinking I'm going to do the ribbon.
After:

No comments:

Post a Comment